Friday, January 4, 2013

Carmela's Food Blog: A Ricotta Cake To DIE For!


A Ricotta Cake To DIE For!


Here's a quick, easy cake to make that goes well with coffee and Mob Wives. In fact, I’m going to serve it this Sunday, during the Mob Wives premiere, to my guests. I even checked the calorie content and it is only 245 calories per serving. Not so bad for cake.

Ingredients:

1 yellow cake mix (I prefer Duncan Hines brand and make sure no pudding in the mix!)
3 eggs (or what the cake mix calls for)
1/3 cup of oil (or what the cake mix calls for)
1 1/3 cups of water (or what the cake mix calls for)
1 32 ounce container of Ricotta Cheese
1 teaspoon of vanilla
1 cup of sugar
1 teaspoon of orange  zest (optional)

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350.
Prepare the cake mix as per instructions on the box.
Pour it in a prepared  9 x 13 greased pan.

Mix the ricotta, vanilla, sugar and orange zest in a bowl with a hand mixer.
Place spoonfuls of the ricotta mixture on top of the cake as evenly as possible (see photo)
Bake for 45 minutes.

The ricotta will sink to the bottom and the yellow cake will be on top!
When cooled sprinkle with confectioner’s sugar.

ENJOY!!!! But don’t leave any CRUMBS!

Only 2 more days to the premiere of Mob Wives!

Follow me on twitter for more food finds @carmelacorleone

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have this recipe, mine calls for three eggs in the ricotta. I checked on-line and all the recipes have eggs in the ricotta. Just curious if this recipe is different or if typed up wrong.

Chiara Soprano said...

Carmela says no eggs in the ricotta, it will stay firm. Thanks for asking )

Anonymous said...

Thanks for checking. I've had the recipe for years but never tried it. My Grandmother's not around to ask. I can't wait to try it now.

Anonymous said...

this sounds awesome with some espresso coffee :D

Barbara P said...

This cake is THE BOMB...love it!